Welcome to Tumakuru Digital Library
Baseline Supporting Practices
- Access to personally identifiable information is restricted to TDL staff who need it to conduct TDL business . Department policy prohibits department employees and others from "seeking out, using, or disclosing" personally identifiable information without authorization, and requires employees to take necessary precautions to protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information encountered in the performance of their duties or otherwise.
- Authorization. Except in emergency circumstances, such actions must be authorized in advance and in writing by the TDL, or by a Director designated by the TDL. Authorization shall be limited to the least perusal of content and the least action necessary to resolve the situation.
- Emergency Circumstances. In emergency circumstances – circumstances in which failure to act might precipitate harm, loss, or liability – any member of the TDL may approve the least perusal of content and the least action necessary to resolve the emergency, immediately and without prior written authorization, but appropriate authorization must then be sought without delay.
- Compliance with Law. Actions taken shall be in full compliance with the law and other applicable University and campus policies. In particular, actions taken in regard to electronic communications, including e-mail, shall comply with the provisions of the (National Digital Communications Policy).
Public Forums & Blogs
- The user's Internet location, aka IP address (which, depending upon network configuration and practices, may or may not indicate a specific machine regularly used; as a precaution the TDL anonymizes the machine-specific portion of the address per items #4 and #8 of this policy)
- Which pages on our site the user visits
- The URL of the web page from which the user came to our site
- Which software is used to visit our site and its configuration.
Google Analytics and Other Analysis Tools
Privacy Practice Audits
Privacy Protection Limits
Referrals to External Sites
Possession of Department Records
- During the performance of their duties, personnel who operate and support the TDL's IT infrastructure periodically need to monitor transmissions or observe certain transactional information to ensure the proper functioning and security of TDL systems and services. On these and other occasions, systems personnel might observe personally identifiable information. Except as provided elsewhere in this Policy or by law, they are not permitted to seek out such information where not germane to the foregoing purposes, or disclose or otherwise use what they have observed.
- Such unavoidable inspection of personally identifiable information is limited to the least invasive degree of inspection required to perform such duties. This exception does not exempt systems personnel from the prohibition against disclosure of personal and confidential information.
User Accounts and Personal Information
- Accessing the content from https://tumakurudigitallibrary.in requires, a user to have a registered account. Personal information is required, like your Full Name, Email address, Mobile number etc. Certain personal information such as Username and password is required to log into your account and to protect your account from unauthorized access. Information on your usage, such as frequency of your access to https://tumakurudigitallibrary.in or information that you seek or click within the Site may be recorded and this may be shared with trusted third parties, including our publishers or other supplier of content. Such information may also be used for analytics purposes to bring relevant or your choice of content to you. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (in comments, reviews, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. eMails & Mobile Number
- https://tumakurudigitallibrary.in may use your email id / mobile number to send passcode, OTP information. We reserve the right to send you important account related emails from time to time even if you have opted not to receive emails from us.
Changes to this Statement
- Any Grievance with reference to the policies defined herein, may be reported to
- Address: Deputy Director’s Office, City Central Library, BH Road, Town Hall Circle, Tumkur-572101, Karnataka, India.
- Reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org, in case of any queries.
- https://tumakurudigitallibrary.in uses the industry-standard secured socket layer (SSL) protocol along with Ezproxy as the gateway for the remote access authentication with the valid Institutional Licenses from the organisations, which provides data encryption, message integrity, and server authentication when your data is sent to us. A small lock that you see at the bottom of your browser window indicates that your data is being encrypted for transmission.
- A substantiated reason to believe requires reliable evidence, as distinguished from suspicion, rumor, gossip, or other unreliable evidence.
- "TDL business" refers to activities involved in the provision, maintenance, and management of CDL systems and services provided to its patrons and staff. Troubleshooting user interfaces, making usage-based design decisions, and diagnosing problems with underlying technology infrastructure are all examples of TDL business.
- A "cookie" is information stored on a workstation by a web server and used to customize a user’s interaction with the web. Some cookies last only for the duration of the session, while others are persistent and reside on a computer's hard drive until the user deletes them or the computer is refreshed.
- “Department” referred to as the Department of Public Libraries, Tumakuru Smart City Limited and the implementing agency entrusted by the Tumakuru Smart City Limited during its term or till handover of the project to its Stakeholder.